home | archives

theJEDMAN NATION-A New Wave Manifesto

Documenting the JED Experience

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I was at Tanner's the other night and I ran into the Commish. The Commish is this friend of theQUICK. I basically know him because he is the commissioner of one of my fantasy football leagues. He also helped me with my Sprint bill when the evil empire was trying to charge me too much. The Commish is awesome. He reads the blog. I don't really know him very well, but he reads the blog. He does not have to be told to read the blog. He just reads. the blog. That is support. He is on the JEDMAN bandwagon. Get on the bandwagon the rest of you. It is the right thing to do.

I fought some foo the other night. I saw the Foo Fighters in the big rock and roll show. There were about maybe 10,000 Foo Heads in the Kemper Arena. I was surprised by the turn out. The Foo Fighters are pretty good. That guy Dave from that Nirvana band is pretty good. He can sing and he can scream. Plus, he has long flowing hair. All the guys in the band had hair. No bald guy rock stars allowed. Guys or anyone with long flowing hair are my heroes. I dream of having hair like that. They played all the songs that I know. The stage was at one end of the arena. There was a long cat walk to the other end. At one point in the show a circular stage dropped to the arena floor at the end of the cat walk. They band moved down there. More pickers came out and they played some more songs. Dave talked a lot. He kind of has a potty mouth, but he was funny. He made fun of a guy in the crowd that had two beers. He made fun of some guy in the band that played triangle.It was a good show. The Foo played for around 2 hours and 20 minutes. That is pretty good value for the $55 ticket. This woman in front of me was blazing up the whole show. That is not legal. She had trouble standing up by the end of the show.
After the show, we ended up at some bar at 9th and State Line. I did not know that such a place existed. Through dark warehouses and train tracks was this club in the middle of the bottoms of Kansas City. The smokers were all upset because they couldn't smoke there. It literally 20 feet from free smoking KCK. I had to laugh. I can't wait for the full smoking ban everywhere even in Raytown. There was some lame band playing in there. Thankfully we only stayed for a little while. It was past my bedtime.
I read this book about this guy who went around the country with the goal of being a dishwasher in all 50 states. It was great. The guy was a slacker but he did take some pride in dish washing and he held the belief that jobs were made to quit. Quiting was the best part. Being able to quit and leave at anytime was what kept him going. The guy was my age. He put out a zine at the same time I did years ago about his dish washing escapades. He actually got popular, but wanting to remain a slacker. He had some funny stories. He didn't quite make all fifty states. I wish that I had the guts back then to do something stupid like that then write a book about it.

.: posted by Jed 8:49 PM