home | archives

theJEDMAN NATION-A New Wave Manifesto

Documenting the JED Experience

Tuesday, March 25, 2008


The Jayhawks are in the final game. I've been watching the games at some clubs. I watched the Villanova game at some place that had the game on regular TV and satellite TV. The satellite was on real time not on a like 2 second delay like regular TV. I was on the side with the satellite. I would cheer like a crazed monkey when KU scored. The other side of the bar hadn't seen the basket yet. It was foreshadowing. The Jayhawks crushed Carolina last night on April 5th. I watched the game at Danny's off College. There was some people there. All the smokers have to go outside. It is great. They are nasty and filthy.
Coach Roy got hammered on radio, TV, and the newspaper all week. Some Jayhawk fans are big babies. They cry. They whine. They complain. Coach Roy coached at KU for a long time. His won a lot of games. His teams played up tempo basketball that is pretty to watch with pressure defense, back cuts and passing. He had players that were legitimate students. Coach Roy should be able to leave when he wants and take whatever job he wants. Most people would be celebrated for making decisions like that. There are a lot of unknowledgable Jayhawk fans. They only show up when the team wins. Some never even went to the Kansas University. Some latch onto a team just because it is winning. They boo obvious calls against the Jayhawks. They don't stay for both games of a two game session tournament time because winning is great, but drinkin beer outside the arena is better. Boo hoo Jayhawk fans. You hammered Coach Roy. Coach Roy is a good guy. Besides, I'm a KU football fan. To heck with the Final Four, bring on he spring game.
I went to Hooper's last Friday. It is no smoking before 9pm in KCMO. I was wondering how that worked. Does someone get on the bullhorn and say light up? Do people just want for someone to light up and then jump on the bandwagon? Does a neon light sign pop on at 9pm? What happens is they just bring out the ash trays. This isn't Europe. You can't ash on the floor. The ash trays appear and everyone lights up. Although some doofus was smoking at 8:45. I like this rule because it give me a signal that I should go home. At 9pm on Friday, I went home. The Barcelona Bad Boy isn't going to like that one. I tell you want. I go out and I feel so much bettet the next day in a non-smoking world. It is great. Smoking is so awful and it affects so many other people. Stop doing it now.
I've been doing some professional DJing at soccer games. I play music. I don't know much about soccer, but I think they ought to liberalize the offsides rule. Then, there would be fast break goals and one on one goalie action. That would make it fun, but I'm sure the Barcelona Bad Boy has reasons against it.
I spent some time in the East Bay again. I like going to the East Bay. It is like my vacation home. Plus, it is always good to see the Brentwoods. The Brentwoods are awesome. This was my second time to the new apartment off Piedmont Avenue. I like the new apartment. It is a nice palace in the sky even with the dust buffaloes. The real treat this time was the new Honda Fit. It is a nice new car. No more shall I ride in the 91 Honda rust bucket. I was always worried that car would just fall apart driving down the highway. It is funny because it wasn't too long ago that the Brentwoods were talking about getting rid of the car and going careless. Now, they are both gas gusling non greeners who drive down to Piedmont to get a latte at Peat's. Speaking of coffee houses. I went down to Peat's in the morning to get the Chronicle and some coffee. It seems like no one has a job. Peat's is full of people all the time. There is always a line. That is quite the coffee house racket. Not every one's job is reading books in public places. Not every one's job involve hooking your laptop up to WiFi in a public place. In the East Bay it just seem like that is what people are doing for a job. Someone has to do some grunt work somewhere.
C came up to the East Bay from the end of the world. It was good to see C. C is good to see. We did some good things in the East Bay and across from the East Bay. There were some highs and there were some lows. We missed the boat back to the East Bay one night. The boat pulled out at 8:25. We arrived at 8:26. It was a little disconcerning at the moment, but I'm laughing about it now. C was good. C fell into The Gap. C had to go back to the end of the world. We rode BART to the SFO. It was a fun trip at 6am. BART goes all the way to the SFO. I remember taking the bus from Daly City before. C left and I went into the city.
In the city, there were some anti-war protests. I watched them for a little bit. I'm sure there are legitimate protesters out there with great concern and want to exercise their rights. That is OK. I always wonder how many are attention seekers. I always think there are a few that are in it for the attention. The war is a bad deal. It has gone on too long. Most of the soldiers killed are young people with children. That is really bad. The military is a good job. I'm sure that is why a lot of young people take the job to get the benefits and advantages of military life. The only downside is being in war. TheJEDMAN has never been too political, but I just wonder about the sincerity of some protesters. I hate to think it is a self attention task and not one of genuine concern. Anyway, it was interesting to watch.

I now own 13 Cal Berkeley T-shirts and a hoodie. I'm awesome. I keep going to Joy's on Telegraph Avenue and buying some shirts. They are nice cheap shirts. They are fruit of the loom. I love fruit. T-shirts are good. I wear one everyday.

I had the flu over president's weekend. I woke up Saturday in pain. It sucked. I hated it. I got better the next day, but I spent about 3 weeks feeling tired. There was bad weather that week so I only had to work 2 days that week. It still took a long time. I'm lucky because some people die from the flu. My body is working a lot better now than it did, so when I get sick I seem to fight it off better. You got to try to be healthy. It is the only way.

.: posted by Jed 6:56 PM