home | archives

theJEDMAN NATION-A New Wave Manifesto

Documenting the JED Experience

Saturday, March 24, 2007

You got to watch this show Workout on the Bravo Channel. It is awesome. It is about personal trainers at a posh LA workout place on Cienega and Wilshire. It is great. They have real problems and real issues, but they make peoples live better with diet and exercise. All the drama and 97% fat free. Also, the new bachelor started. I wish I could do that. I'd love to bring all the chicks to my mom's house and tell them that my room is upstairs. I'd show it to you, but I'm not allowed to have girls up there.
I went near the St. Patrick's day parade last Saturday. I was close to it. I actually got to see some of it. There were a lot of people down there. I hit some clubs. This one club on the parade route was smart. They charged a $5 cover. This was really a riff raff tax. It kept riff raff out from using the bathroom. It was very intelligent. We hung out all day. Downtown quickly deserted after the parade. We went up to the Skies at the top of the Hyatt. It is the circular place that spins around. You can see the whole city. It is a little pricey, but it was cool. I might go up there again. Later, we went to the Twin City. It was packed. It is more my kind of club. I was fun.
I watch the last two KU basketball games at a club not known as Tanner's. I was hanging there with my group. James Caan was there with his girlfriend. I didn't know that James Caan lived in the area. James Caan invited me and my group over to his house, because James Caan just lives around the corner. James Caan has a pool table and a kegarator. James wanted to hang out and play some pool. James Caan's girlfriend was nice. I didn't really want to go. I don't think it is a good idea to go with someone you just met. Playing pool is not my forte, plus I didn't want to wake up in a dumpster. James Caan was looking for pool partners in all the wrong places.
I got into a huge converstation about Big 12 basketball in the steam room at Bally. This guy just started talking to me. I participated. We talked 88' KU Jayhawks. He liked to hear himself talk, but then he got off on a tangent of talking about his son playing high school and then walking on at a college and not being able to make it. He went on and on about that. That is great. I see a lot of kids whose parents don't go to the games. This guy was sad that his son's sports career was over, but I didn't need to hear all about it over and over when I'm sweating that much. I need more peace. At least I had my swim trunks on. I don't mind strangers talking to me, but one thing I don't like is people talking to me when I'm in the bally locker room. I just get done taking my shower and some guy starts up converstation. It is fine, but at least let me get my pants on.
I went to the doctor yesterday. I had a glitch on Wednesday, February 28 at 7:52. It lasted 17 seconds. The machine just recorded it, but didn't take any action to correct it. I guess it corrected itself. So, I was a little down because of this. I went home to try to figure out what I was doing when this happened. Then remember that I went to Liberty, Missouri for that basketball game. That night I got caught in the violent hailing downpour of an electircal storm. I was running and sliding down the hill in the rain to get to the gym from the parking lot. I remember noticing something when I was walking through the drivng rain. I thought it was just my stomach bubbling up, like it did when I was on the beta blockers. So, I feel bad, but maybe my magnesium is helping because it kept it from being worse. The machine records information. It can pace me out of bad rhythm and it will shock me back it if is really bad. I'm back on amiodarone. I would be a lot happier if I could get off medicine. I would feel better and I know my issues would go away. For now, I guess I need more time. I have never have an issues when I go to the gym. Oh well. I feel strong. Maybe this is a setback or mabybe it is just something that always happens. I bet the magnesium is protecting more more than those drugs. I really don't think the drugs do a whole lot. They sure do a number on my stomach, but I don't want any drug reps to lose their jobs. I've been in a lot of doctors offices in my day. All the drug reps are good-looking. I've never seen a not good-looking drug rep. theJEDMAN

.: posted by Jed 8:56 AM