home | archives

theJEDMAN NATION-A New Wave Manifesto

Documenting the JED Experience

Monday, February 19, 2007

I've been going to the bally about 3 or 4 days a week with my sony music machine. I've bored of the music on there. I kept listening to Shakira over and over. I never get tired of the rage and fury that is some of Shakira's songs as she complains about her boyfriend, but I needed some new music. I downloaded some new music.
In San Jose del Cabo on Xmas eve, I remember listening to a rock band called La Quinta Estacion. I downloaded a couple of their cds. It is rock. It is pretty good. They have a girl that sings. It is pop, but I like rock music. I just don't like hip hop or r&b or even much country anymore.
Then, I download that KT Tunstall. It is pop, but it is pretty good. She has some good songs. They've been in some movies out lately, but I like them. Also, I downloaded Nelly Furtado's new one. It is good. A few years ago, I hated that I'm like a bird I'll always fly away song, but this is different. I like the Maneater song. It made me afraid. I know Nelly is more like hip hop or r&b than rock, but exceptions can be made. Plus, she has some of the qualities coveted by the superficial man.
You might have noticed a theme here. I listen to music sung by girls. I just like girls voices. They sing pretty. I like rage and fury. I know that I'm not rushing out to download any Mama Cass. She's been dead a long time. I like girl rockers that don't have too many tattoos. Lita Ford probably won't get an invite to my birthday party. I'd be afraid that she would beat me up.
Although I have listened to the new Chili Peppers double cd. It is good. I just finished reading Tony's book Scar Tissue. That dude is lucky to be alive. He did a lot of dumb stuff. He did a lot of dumb stuff in his 30s. He was around a lot of wacky people. You should go read it.
I forgot to mention this last fall. I fell of the blog for awhile. I rode up to Columbia for the football game Thanksgiving weekend. The Jayhawks lost, but they did have adult beverages on the bus. It was fun, even though I don't really like to hang with most Jayhawk fans. I'm more passive than most. I'm not a yehoo. I got breakfast at Johnny's Prairie Village before the trip. It was awesome. I rocked out in Prairie Village. Remember, basketball is just passing time until the spring football game. The life of theJEDMAN is always intense.

.: posted by Jed 9:39 AM